ENT Otorhinolaryngology Q & A
Your ENT surgeon at HB Surgical Arts is highly trained in cosmetic surgery to enhance your appearance and correct structural problems.
Plastic surgery procedures performed by an ENT surgeon include:
- Rhytidectomy (face-lift), to remove signs of aging on your face and neck
- Rhinoplasty (nose job), to reshape your nose and correct structural defects
- Blepharoplasty (eye lift), to remove excess fat and skin on eyelids
During all types of plastic surgery, the incisions are carefully placed to ensure scarring is concealed.
Botox R injections are well known for eliminating facial wrinkles, but the way Botox works makes it an effective treatment for several ENT conditions. Botox is injected into muscles, where it blocks the nerve signals that make muscles contract. As a result, the muscles temporarily relax.
Botox treats ENT dystonia’s, which are disorders in which muscles contract involuntarily and cause repetitive movements you can’t control. Your ENT specialist at HB Surgical Arts may inject Botox to treat:
- Laryngeal dystonia: Voice disorders caused by muscle spasms in your voice box
- Blepharospasm: Abnormal blinking or spasm in your eyelid
- Cervical dystonia: Neck muscles contract, causing your head to twist or turn
- Orolingual-mandibular dystonia: Contractions of the face, jaw, and tongue, affecting chewing and speech
- Hemifacial spasm: Muscles on one side of the face twitch
Endoscopic sinus surgery is a minimally invasive procedure performed using a narrow endoscope inserted through your nostrils. Your ENT specialist at HB Surgical Arts performs endoscopic sinus surgery to:
- Treat chronic sinusitis by removing sinus blockages
- Remove nasal polyps
- Repair a deviated septum
- Reduce the size of enlarged turbinates
Following endoscopic sinus surgery, you can clearly breathe again, you’ll have fewer sinus infections, and your sense of smell improves.
These are a few examples of ENT surgeries often performed at HB Surgical Arts:
- Direct laryngoscopy (remove growths or take a biopsy)
- Tonsillectomy (remove tonsils)
- Adenoidectomy (remove adenoids)
- Mastoidectomy (remove infected air cells)
- Myringotomy (insert ear tubes)
- Ossicular reconstruction (reconstruct hearing bones to improve hearing)
- Salivary gland surgery (remove infected gland or tumor)
- Septoplasty (correct a deviated septum)
- Somnoplasty (modify soft tissues to treat snoring)
- Stapedectomy (fix stapes to improve hearing)
- Tympanoplasty (reconstruct your eardrum)
This list isn’t comprehensive because there are many ENT conditions that may require surgical intervention.
If you need ENT surgery, call HB Surgical Arts or book an appointment online.